Not sure of how to set your Facebook Page? Don’t worry we got you covered follow the steps below and you will have an amazing looking page very soon!!
1. Set Up: Set your page up first by signing up on Facebook and follow the
2. Unique Name: Make a unique name for your page. You can use your
business name, industry type name (Las Vegas Pizza Guys), your
name, or a product name (Shamwow, George Foreman Grill, etc.).
Get creative, just make sure your page name let’s people know who
you are just by looking at the name. When picking a name follow these Facebook Policies to make sure your page doesn’t deceive people.
Bonus Tip: Make sure to secure your business name on all or most social media platforms! Do this even if you don’t plan on using a social media platform. Watch this video to learn more about securing you business name on all social media platforms.
3. Profile Picture: Add a picture that really shows what your business is
about. Add a logo, product pic, store/office pic, employee pics, a pic
of you (the owner), etc. Just make sure it gets people’s attention and
lets them know what you are about.
4. Cover Photo: This is where you can get really creative and show off
your businesses personality! Use lots of colors and make sure to put
your address and phone number on there. Use the cover photo to show off your brand. Use Canva it is a great tool for creating pictures. I use it all the time! Once you use it you will thank me. (I’m not affiliated with Canva I just love the free tool.)
5. Add Links To Cover and Profile Pics: Once you set the cover and
profile pic on your Facebook page click on them and add a
description and add a link to your website, blog, etc.
6. Add A Call To Action Button (CTA) : This is a nice feature that
Facebook added in 2014. You can add one call to action. Choose
from: Book Now, Call Now, Contact Us, Send Message, Use App,
Play Game, Shop Now, Sign Up, Watch Video, Send Email, and
Learn More . (Whew.. That’s a long list got through it all!) Choose the
one that will work best to generate leads for your business. I like to use the Call Us button. It is located just below the “cover photo area”. It’s real easy to set up! Don’t worry if you want to you can change it later. (below is a sample of how it looks on mobile)
7. Short Description: Fill this in with a short, but to the point description
of your business.
8. Long Description: This is an opportunity to really explain what your
business is about! Use this section to let people know all about your
business, employees, business hours, specials, products, etc.
9. Website Address & Phone Number: Make sure to add this for sure!
You want to give people all the info they need to contact you. This
makes it easy for them. Put it in the phone number and website
section and in your “Long Description”.
10. Proofread: Make sure to proofread everything before or right after
hitting “save”! Nothing looks more unprofessional than tons of spelling
errors and typos.
11. Add Services: If you are in the service industry there is a section on Facebook where you can add services you offer. Don’t leave this empty it is a great chance to tell your customers the exact services you offer! You can put them in order of importance once you are done. Just rearrange them to show your best and most popular services at the top. Below is a sample of the services section and how it looks on our Facebook page.
Once you do all that then publish your first post! Let the world know you
are on Facebook. Market your new Facebook Page on your website, at
your office or store, tell your friends and invite them to like your page. You are now on your way to a great social media presence!!
One Last Thing: Make sure to update your page every once in awhile.
Update your profile pic, cover photo, any useful info in the description
section, business hours, phone numbers, services and website address (if they change). You want your customers to have the most up to date info so that they can contact you if needed!
Bonus Tip: You can also add video playlists to put all your video uploads into a category. I have some of my videos sorted into playlists labeled Social Media Tips, Business Tips, Sales Tips, etc. It’s a great way to organize any videos you post. This is something you can do later once your page is setup and you’ve been posting for awhile. Check out the video here on how to add a Video Playlist.
Update: Facebook recently added some new CTA (Click To Action) Buttons to make it even easier to reach out to customers. This will give you even more options to get clients to respond to you and your Facebook ads. Test the CTA buttons and find which ones work best to generate new business. Some are meant to generate leads and some are meant for instant sales.
Do you have any tips for setting up a Facebook Page for business? Let us know in the comments below!
For more tips on Facebook marketing subscribe to our Newsletter!
Do you need help with social media marketing? Fun To Be Social specializes in creating fun and effective social media marketing campaigns. Call us today to find out how we can help your business. 920-246-7060