The next article in our “Your Business Series” is on how to use social media if you own a car dealership. Owning or running a car dealership is tough and competitive. Social media marketing can greatly benefit a car dealership if it is done right.
Your Business Series Article #4 – How To Use Social Media If You Own A Car Dealership
So you own a car dealership or maybe you manage one and you are wondering how you can use social media to bring in more business to your car dealership and sell more cars don’t worry we got you covered!
If you own or manage a car dealership live video is a great social media tool to use. You have the power to instantly let your customers see what you have going on at the car dealership. Some ways you could use live video are;
- Product Demos: Show your automobiles in action, show off the great benefits of certain vehicles. Do this live and give demonstrations to show why they should buy that vehicle. If they can see the benefits live it might peak their interest more!
- Sales Events: If you are having a big sales event going on, put that on live video. Give a tour of the building and car lot and show off the sale prices! Tell your live audience of other things going on during the sales event like free food, drinks, etc.
- Introduce Sales Staff and Management: Use live video to show off your staff and have them do a “take over” for a day so that they can show off their personality to potential customers.
- Repair Shop: If your car dealership has a repair shop attached, do a live video and talk about the benefits of why your repair shop is a good place to bring a vehicle for repairs. Also let customers see some of the prices of basic repairs and specials so that they have an idea. Use the live video to tell them about any awards you may have won for the repair shop.
- Answer Questions: If you get a decent sized audience for your live videos you will have people who ask questions and leave comments. This is a great way to instantly connect and maybe even make a sale that very day! Make sure to answer back during the live broadcast.
Show Off Happy Customers
A lot of car dealerships do this and it’s a good thing. Showing happy people standing by a car they just bought is good for business. The mistake I see a lot is that too many car dealerships ONLY do this. Don’t believe me look up a local car dealership and chances are most of their posts are people standing by a car they just bought. There is way more to social media marketing than just posting a generic picture of the same thing over and over.
Don’t get me wrong this is a great way to show off some happy customers and you should do this, but don’t get stuck in the rut of only showing customers by their new car purchase. Expand your horizons and change it up a bit.
Updates On New Inventory
The car industry is always changing with new and improved vehicles and features. Use social media to tell your customers about the new inventory that you have or will be getting.
Community Events and Charities
If your car dealership is heavily involved in the community (and it should be) social media is a great way to show others what you care about. Talk about the charities you support. Show off pictures of teams or events that you sponsor. Give people that sense that you do care about the local community. Don’t do it to brag, just post things to show others that you care and to maybe even get more support for the local charities and events.
Updates and Improvements
If you have some new updates and improvements happening to the building you can show your customers what is happening on social media. Post pictures and videos of the improvements as they happen! Bring your customers along for the ride (no pun intended) on the improvements you are making to the business and the building. Tell them how the new improvements will help with the overall customer experience! Invite them down to come check out the new improvements or promote a Grand Opening.
Share Relevant Information
There is always something new to talk about in the automotive industry. Find good articles that you think your customers will like to read and share them on your social media. Are there new safety regulations taking effect? Share an article or video about it. Keep your customers educated and up to date and they will remember you when they are thinking about buying there next car.
If you sell cars and you know that there is a massive recall on a certain model post about it on your social media pages. When you post about it tell them how they can take the next step to get their vehicle fixed. Be proactive to show your customers that you care about them and their safety.
There are so many ways to be fun and effective on social media if you own a car dealership. Don’t fall into the trap of just posting the same old stuff over and over again. Get creative to keep your customers and fans engaged. If you can do that you can create loyal customers who are happy that they follow you. Keeping your social media fun will only have your customers looking forward to your next post!
Did you like this article? If so sign up for our Newsletter to get even more great advice and tips from Fun To Be Social.
Learn even more on How to Be Crazy Fun and Effective on Social Media by getting our eBook!
Guess who is on Snapchat! Yup! Follow us on their too!